Meaning:ॐ (Aum) referred to the greatest God, Creator of the universe, “Lord Shiva”, this mantra depicts that we worship and sacrifice ourselves to the three-eyed one, who is the Supreme Being, the virtuous, the one who nourishes us.
उर्वारुकम् (Urvārukam), a kind of cucumber, here means the fruit like it fall off from the bondage of the stem, may we be released or liberated from mortality.
Also known as Rudra Mantra, the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is much beneficial for our physical, mental and spiritual health. The mantra is actually the verse or sukta of Rigveda, Yajur Veda and Atharva Veda. “Maha” means “Great”, “Mrityun” means “Death” and “Jaya” means “Victory”, and so the mantra means “Victory over mortality”. The mantra is also referred to as Mrita-Sanjivini Mantra or life-reviving mantras.
Power of Mahamrityunjaya Mantra
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra dedicated to Lord Shiva holds great power and zeal. There are also many benefits to the mantra. It gives you the power to connect with your own self and to know your true nature.
- The power of the mantra helps you in connecting with the divine energies present around you, present everywhere.
- People carry the fear of mortality, the regular chanting of the mantras eliminates this fear from the mind of the person.
- It is even believed and also mentioned in mythological stories, that the mantra carries the power of bringing back one from the well of death.
- Chanting the mantra with positivity and purity creates a protective shield around you that will further help you against all the odds.
- One will overcome the fear of challenges and hurdles with this mantra
- Chanting the mantra daily induces faith and devotion inside you and cherish you with pleasure and prosperity.
- Reminding the Mantra in your mind whenever you are in the state of confusion helps you overcome the situation.
From financial problems to family problems, Mahamrityunjaya Mantra helps you in every situation and every field. The mantra wards off the bad sight and helps in getting the desired results. It is actually a protective mantra for your body and spirit.
BEWARE! The world is fighting with COVID-19
Coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 is an infectious disease spreading in all over the world and was firstly identified in Wuhan, China. The disease is now considered pandemic by WHO. The common symptoms were much the same as pneumonia, i.e., cough, fever, a problem in breathing, muscle pain, sore throat, running nose and so on. The virus is spreading rapidly all over the globe and India also becomes the victim of this severe disease.
Everybody is fighting with their own way and so the school of Aatm Yogashla. The school family organized the mantra chanting session of Mahamrityunjaya Mantra of 108 Japa (chants) to get rid of this calamity. A very big thanks to Guru Ji Shankar Dey who inspired us to do this. Students, Faculty and Staff members were part of this and do the session with great proficiency.
Well! There is no fixed time to chant this divine mantra but “Brahma Muhurta”, i.e., the hours between 4:00 AM and 6:00 AM is considered the best for this. To increase energy, it is great to do the chanting in front of the Shiva linga or Shiva picture. Reciting it with Rudraksha mala is also good as Rudraksha represents Lord Shiva and is very auspicious.
The mantra can be chanted alone or in a group, as per your wish. There is not any particular ritual to do this Puja (Mantra), the only thing needed is your true devotion, dedication, purity of your soul and so. Also, there is no limit to chant this mantra but chanting it is beneficial to chant it at least 108-time minimum, but in a constant fixed rhythm.
With a calm mind, pure heart and peaceful soul; chant the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra or Japa regularly to get rid of all the problems, hurdles from your life.
May Shiva blesses you with its divinity and keeps you happy and healthy!